- by Dr. Jean Gibson, D.C. BioVeda Health & Wellness Center of Fayetteville, AR Have you experienced neck pain after a long day at work? There are many cause of neck pain, but one of the most common causes is related to poor posture, muscle fatigue and stress while in front of your computer or [...]
- by Dr. Fred Southard, BioVeda Health & Wellness Center of Hamilton, OH Often throughout my career I have been asked what is the difference between a herniated and a bulging disc. The way that I like to explain the difference is to compare the discs, or the cushions between the bones in your back, to [...]
- by Wendy Butler, D.C. BioVeda Health & Wellness Center of Albany, GA Thirty-five year old Tracy had tried everything: monitoring her cycles through body temperature, over-the-counter fertility predictors and finally, fertility-enhancing drugs and in vitro fertilization. But after three years of trying, she still wasn’t pregnant. She began to think she was “too old” to [...]
- by Andrea Dobrich, D.C. BioVeda Health and Wellness Center of Harrisburg, NC Hypertension (high blood pressure) seems to be an ever evolving healthcare crisis in the U.S. This progressive disease is also known as “the silent killer” because there are not always noticeable symptoms associated with hypertension until it has been chronic and organs [...]
- by Dr. Ray Nannis, BioVeda Health and Wellness Center of Richardson, TX Japanese researchers have found home-based exercises to be more effective in the treatment of chronic low back pain than prescribed NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). While NSAIDs can reduce inflammation and pain, they are a form of passive care that fails to address [...]
Although chiropractors care for more than just back pain, many patients visit chiropractors looking for relief from this pervasive condition. In fact, 31 million Americans experience low back pain at any given time.