Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is one of the most important developments in health and wellness and a critical part of the integrated approach at BioVeda. We utilize LLLT to dramatically reduce musculoskeletal pain and inflammation as well as promote tissue repair in targeted areas. Because this is a cold laser, it is not a heat treatment and does not have any of the risks associated with other types of lasers. LLLT promotes tissue growth and healing.
Low Level Light Therapy brings in oxygen to the cells and stimulates the lymphatic system thereby reducing inflammation in targeted areas. ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production is stimulated on the cellular level, boosting their energy levels to foster normal function. The pain reflex is broken, offering what is in many cases, immediate relief of joint, muscle and arthritic pain.
Our therapy does not require any drugs or surgery, there are few side effects and risks, it is quick and convenient, completely noninvasive, highly effective and easily-applied. The number of treatments can vary depending on the nature and severity of your ailment. Most patients however see improvement in after the very first treatment.
The first working laser was invented in 1967 by Endre Mester in Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary. Currently, LLLT, also known as “photobiomodulation” is practiced in many parts of the world. There is no longer any question that LLLT has positive biological effects and BioVeda Health and Wellness Centers have come a long way to perfect the optimal light parameters that are proving most beneficial in resolving pain and inflammation issues.
The therapy involves the application of red, green and far infrared lasers. Laser and LED beams of light are used to stimulate the cells in the body that repair tissue, reduce inflammation and reduce pain. Benefits are vast and include:
- Laser light reduces swelling, leading to decreased pain, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal joint and muscle function.
- Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and healing.
- Laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Laser light reduces formation of scar tissue, leading to more complete healing, with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- Laser light increases blood flow to the injured area.
- Laser light speeds nerve cell processes, which may decrease pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
BioVeda Health and Wellness Centers offer therapy for over 350 conditions, from acne to post traumatic stress disorder.
Our low level light therapy has shown to be helpful for the following issues:
- Skin Conditions
- General Stress